عنوان مقاله [English]
In the economic literature of today's world, it is generally assumed that the role and the importance of the financial and monetary systems, and above all the banking System for the implementation and the growth of the economy is undeniable. Moreover, it sounds logical and imperative to design an appropriate model for the identification and appointment of competent senior managers. In an attempt to materialize the aims and achieve the goals of Resilient Economy, it is imperative to identity and appoint competent managers in the banking system. This research is an exploratory mixed – design (qualitative – quantitative) study which strove to investigate the performance of senior managers through a competency model with regard to the policies of resident economy. For the qualitative phase of the study the literature of the study was thoroughly explored and the techniques of the Ground theory were meticulously applied. Then interviews were conducted with 25 senior managers using Snowball Method (Theoretical Saturation) the data were subsequently coded in three level and analyzed. As a result, a model based on competency-based dimensions, competency components and competency indicators of senior banking managers was extracted. Then, in a quantitative research for measuring the model, a researcher-made questionnaire was distributed among 281 senior managers of government banks. For data analysis, exploratory and confirmatory factor analysis has been used by SPSS and AMOS software. The results of this study showed that all dimensions and components of the suitability model were confirmed.
- Ahmad, Aqeel; Mohmad Yazam Sharif; &Abdul Rashid Kausar (2014). HR Professionals’ Competencies and Performance in the Banking Sector of Pakistan. World Applied Sciences Journal,.31 (12) 2001-2009.
- Aref, Hadi, & Sayed Abbas Moradi Shirazi (2017). Transparency of the concept of competence in HRM with a conceptual analysis approach. Journal of Management of Governmental Organizations, 5 (2) 13-30 (In Persian).
- Asame, Maryam El, & Mohamed Wakrim (2017). Towards a competency model: A review of the literature and the competency standards. Educ Inf Technol, published online: 22 March 2017.
- Birts, David W. & Theo H. Veldsman (2014). A global central banker competency model. SA Journal of Human Resource Management/SA Tydskrif vir Menslikehulpbronbestuur, 12 (1) Art. 14.
- Bonyadi Naini, Ali; Abbas Ali Hajj Karim; Ali Rezaiean; & Akram Hadizadeh (2011). Designing the Competencies Model for Human Resources Managers in the Public Sector in Iran. Quarterly Journal of Public Administration, 8, 23 - 43. (In Persian)
- Boyatzis, Richard E. (2009). Competencies as a behavioral approach to emotional intelligence”. Journal of Management Development, 28, (9) 749-770.
- Boyatzis, Richard E. & Franco Ratti, (2009). Emotional, social and cognitive intelligence competencies distinguishing effective Italian managers and leaders in a private company and cooperatives. Journal of Management Development, 28, (9) 821-838.
- Brockbank, Wayne, & Dave Ulrich (2009). HR competencies that make a difference. In John Storey, Patrick M. Wright and Dave Ulrich (Eds.), 2009, The Routledge Companion to Strategic Human Resource Management, London and New York: Routledge, 167-181.
- Campion, M. A. Fink, A. A. Ruggeberg, B. J. Carr, L. Phillips, G. M. & Odman, R. B. (2011). Doing competencies well: Best practices in competency modeling. Personnel Psychology, 64, (1) 225-262.
- Chao, Yu-Pin; Ying-Chyi Chou; & Wen-Hsiang Lai (2017). AHP Competency Model in the Service Chain Industry. Advances in Management & Applied Economics, 7, (3) 1-20.
- Cochran, G (2009), Developing a competency model for a 21th century extension organization. Ohio state university.
- Deshpande, Abhijit P. (2014). Application of the competency modelling approach: Determining the ideal profile of the Orthopaedic surgeons”. Procedia- Social and Behavioral Sciences 133, 12-19.
- El-Baz, H.S & El-Sayegh, S.M. (2010), Competency domain model And the perception of engineering managers in the United Arab Emirates, Engineering Management Journal. 22 (1) 3-12.
- Fang.C.H. Chang, S.T. & Chen, G.L. (2010), Competency development among Taiwanese healthcare middle manager: A test of the AHP approach, African Journal of Business Management 4, No (13) 2845-2855.
- Goldman, Ellen, & Andrea Richards Scott (2016). Competency models for assessing strategic thinking. Journal of Strategy and Management, 9, (3) 258-280.
- Hamidizadeh, M.R.; Mohammadi A.S. & Talaei H.R. (2014). Explaining the Competency Model for Supply Chain Strategy. Managing Supply Ranges, 16, (43) 30-39 (In Persian).
- Hajikarimi. A, Rezaeian. A: Hadizadeh A, & Bonyadinaeini, A (2012). Designing the competencies model of human resource managers in the public sector of Iran, Journal of Public Administration Perspective, 2 (8) 23-43 (In Persian).
- Hines, Andy; Jay Gary; Cornelia Daheim; & Luke van der Laan (2017). Building Foresight Capacity: Toward a Foresight Competency Model. World Futures Review, 9 (3) 123-141.
- Hoshyar, Vajiheh, & Fariborz Rahimnia (2013). Presentation of the Model of the Competency of Branch Managers in the Banking System. Quarterly Journal of Development and Transformation Management, (13) 55-68 (In Persian).
- Khalizani, K & Sam E. Eldakak. (2018) Exploratory and Confirmatory Factor Analysis for Validating the Moral Competency Questionnaire, Advanced Science Letters, 24 (7) 5094-5097.
- Khorasani, A; Zahedi H. & Kasizi A. (2014). Designing and compiling a management model for a business. Quarterly Journal of Human Resource Education and Development, 1 (3), 1-21 (In Persian).
- Mau, Tim A. (2015). Leadership competencies for a global public service. International Review of Administrative Sciences, Vol. 0, No. 0, pp. 1-20.
- Müller-Frommeyera, Lena C. Stephanie C. Aymans; Carina Bargmann; Simone Kauffeld; & Christoph Herrmann (2017). Introducing competency models as a tool for holistic competency development in learning factories: Challenges, example and future application. Procedia Manufacturing, 9, 307-314.
- Pahrodf: Philippines Australia Human Resource & Organizational Development Facility (2017). Guidebook on Competency Modelling and Profiling. Second printing. Manila: Civil service commission.
- Patterson, Alan (2015). Leader Evolution: From Technical Expertise to Strategic Leadership. New York: Business Expert Press.
- Pour Abadi, M. R.; Zarabi V.; Sajjadi Naeini H.; & Razi Z. (2016). Designing Multidimensional Competency Model for Managers and Employees. Quarterly Journal of Human Resource Research, 8 (2) (24) 27-52 (In Persian).
- Quintana, Carmen Delia Davila; Jose-Gines Mora Ruiz; & Luis E. Vila (2014). Competencies which shape leadership. International Journal of Manpower, 35 (4) 514-535.
- Rahimnia, F, & Hoshiar V. (2012). Examining Dimensions and Components of the Competency Model of Managers in the Banking System (A Qualitative Approach). The Management of Tomorrow, 31 pp. 11 117-138 (In Persian).
- Sanghi, Seema (2016). The Handbook of Competency Mapping: Understanding, Designing and Implementing Competency Models in Organizations. Third Edition. Los Angeles: Sage Publications Inc.
- Shashang Kumar Srivastava, (2010). Shaping organization with e-HRM, International Journal of innovation, Management and Technology, 1(1).
- Sienkiewicz, Lukasz; Anna Jawor-Joniewicz; Barbara Sajkiewicz; Katarzyna Trawińska-Konador; & Krzysztof Podwójcic (2014). Competency-based human resources management: The lifelong learning perspective. Translation from Polish by Anna Wiewióra. Warszawa: Instytut Badań Edukacyjnych / Educational Research Institute.
- Skorková, Zuzana (2016). Competency models in public sector”. Procedia- Social and Behavioral Sciences 230, pp. 226 -234.
- Stevens, Gregory W. (2012). A Critical Review of the Science and Practice of Competency Modeling. Human Resource Development Review, 12 (1) 86-107.
- Strauss, A.L and Corbin, J. (1998). Basics of qualitative research: Techniques and procedures for developing grounded theory, 2nd Ed. Sage
- Suhairom, Nornazira; Aede H. Musta’amal; Nor F. MohdAmin; & Noor K. A. Johari (2014). “The development of competency model and instrument for competency measurement: The research methods”. Procedia- Social and Behavioral Sciences, 152, 1300-1308.
- Ulrich, Dave; Wayne Brockbank; Dani Johnson; & Jon Younger (2007). “Human Resource Competencies: Responding to Increased Expectations”. Employment Relations Today, Published online in Wiley Inter Science (www.interscience.wiley.com). DOI 10.1002/ert.20159.
- Vacola, M. Soderquist, K. & Prastacos, G. (2007), Competency management in support of organizational change International Journal of Manpower, 28 (34) 260-275.
- Vazirani, Nitin (2010), "Competences and Competency Model-A brief overview of its Development and Application", SIES Journal of Management, April – August 2010, Vol.7 (1): 121-131.
- Virtanen, Turo (2000). Changing competences of public managers: tensions in commitment”. International Journal of Public Sector Management, 13 (4) 333-341.
- Wu, Jui-Lan (2013). The study of competency-based training and strategies in the public sector: experience from Taiwan. Public personal management, 42 (2) 259-271.
- Zarei M.; Rahmati, H.; Hossein, M.; Mousavi, S. M. M. & Vedadi, A. (2014). Designing the Competency Model of Managers in Cultural Organizations of the Country. Quarterly Journal of Management of Governmental Organizations, 2 (4) 19-36. (In Persian)